Monday, March 1, 2010

track it down, take a picture, and tape it to your eyes

The only reason no one was mercilessly eviscerated today was that I knew the complete set of Wedding Peach manga was waiting on my doorstep. I am somewhat disappointed that the English translation uses "Sacred Four Somethings" instead of "Saint Something Four," because that made me love the whole universe every time they said it in the anime.

It's almost time for the Amazing Six-Month-Long Budget Process from Hell, which will overlap with Amazing Six-Month-Long Audit, which isn't so bad, and I have exactly one day less than four months to completely redo the entire accounting system in software none of us have used before! I think I flipped tails.*

Notes of Dubious Interest:

My new shoes are here. In eight weeks, I will either be able to run for half an hour at a time or will have another broken hip. *HEADS IT'S A PARTY, TAILS YOU DIE.

Baby had a bath today, and now you can tell it is blueblack again. Saturns are mostly plastic, thus rustless, but I wish I knew how the underneath bits are holding up. I let them do the 10000000000 mile inspection last time her oil was changed, but I don't know if they would think to mention that.

The Zombies were hugely underrated. Also, I really, really wish the Turtles would come back for another concert, because I don't know that I've had as much fun at any time since then. And that was pre-kitten.

Sonya: So would you go with us to the waterfall tomorrow? Just because?
K-hime: Sure. Where is it?
Sonya: It's the one down 168th past Cornhusker.
K-hime: ...Oh. A bar, not, like, a real waterfall.
Sonya: HA HA HA, yes, a real waterfall, and there will be unicorns!
K-hime: stfu.

No comments: