Tuesday, March 2, 2010

angelsnakedance

I am trying to decide if I will go to my first spinning class in two years tomorrow morning or if I will stay home and play with my elliptical. I want to go to spinning, because a) I need to practice for when I am no longer living in Hoth and can ride my real bicycle and b) it is nonimpact and my right hip is just so angry at me about the last two days I cannot even tell you. BUT THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE, AND THEY WILL LOOK AT ME WITH THEIR SHINY LITTLE EYES AND PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT ME INTO THEIR LITTLE HIVE BRAINS, AND I WILL CRY.

I was pleasantly surprised that Aleve actually works. I never expect painkillers to work, so I hardly ever bother to take any, and that is probably why they do work. I have to ignore the pain and think positive, reinforcing thoughts for the next six weeks or so until it stops being a whiny bitch. I know it's just because I have babied that leg since I broke it AGAIN a couple years ago, and I need to be stretching better on that side, but the small animal instinctive part of my brain is convinced that all my bones are blown glass forever and so I need to sit very still at all times but for lashing my tail about furiously.

The postman delivered to my house a packet of Sailormoon cards that flew all the way from Buckinghamshire to be slipped lovingly into little plastic sheets and then stored under my bed. I had to check Wiki so I could visualize where in England that even is. Hooray for American public school education, sigh. I guess even knowing that's in England puts me in the 90th percentile.

I would definitely have preferred a real waterfall with unicorns to The Waterfall Lounge. I sucked down diet Coke and listened to S and her boyfriend and P chatter and surprisingly managed to stay mostly engaged. They ate fried things and some bird lumps and are forever in my good graces for asking me only one time if I wanted anything. They are pretty used to me after a year and a half. S's boy expressed some incredulity at that I just don't drink but dropped it within an acceptable space. I need to make up some fantastic back story that will make people sorry they asked. I usually just point out gently that I have quite enough problems without, and aren't I scary enough stone cold sober?

Getting up at 4:45 makes me reallyreallyreally tired now. After lo! these many years, sleeping is still the most fun game. HANDS DOWN.

My uncle is on Facebook and has posted his birth year as 1974 instead of 1962. I am bemused. I have added his two older children but am not very close with any of my cousins since they all grew up in Texas or Las Vegas and...yeah. So it goes.

No comments: